Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gratitude

It occurred to me last night that I usually write on this blog when I am burdened by something, and they have taken on a bit of a negative outlook.  I really don't like that this is who I've let myself become. I used to be the one people asked, "Why are you always smiling?" Now it's more like, "Is everything okay?" This has to stop. It's not that I want to be fake, or that I'm going to gloss over everything, but when was the last time I talked about the good things in life?

Yesterday was a pretty good day for us. Bug woke up and had a shower first thing. She's a sensory seeker, so all that input starts her day off right. Bubba followed up with lots of Mommy cuddles, and Bear had a grin, rather than a scowl on her face when she joined us.

There was a little bit of a fight over breakfast, but it only lasted five minutes, not too bad.

Bug didn't look like she was feeling well, so she spent most of her morning, relaxing in bed.  Bear ended up throwing up right after breakfast, but J was with her and I didn't have to participate in the clean up. I just got to snuggle with her afterwards. Bubba was kind and caring as usual and helped his sisters throughout the day.

Lunch time brought more struggles from the one who is pushing so hard right now, and they lasted quite a bit longer, but Mama never lost her cool - victory.

With the weather coming in, we had some prep work that we needed to do last night, and the munchkins all watched The Incredibles together.  I only needed to ask if the movie needed to be stopped once, a record for our clan.

So, this is where I am today. I'm grateful for Bubba snuggles and the stories he tells at meals. I'm grateful that Bug wants to do everything Mama does. I'm grateful that Bear wants to climb all over me and smell my hair constantly. Today I am grateful.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment